Over the next couple months, I'll be working on my blog to develop more of a functional "website" that will help me promote my book (which hasn't sold yet but that's neither here nor there because I need to be pro-active). The plan is to show to future publisher(s) that I'm willing to work hard to help promote my books. My friend ACFW Publicity Director Angie Breidenbach said I need to first make a list of the changes I want to make...in no particular order.
1. Develop a brand (it's not a logo or a phrase--it's my personality; my bran fits with my writing, my life, my viewpoint)
2. Incorporate evergreen products (which connects with #4)
3. Figure out my area(s) of expertise and Establish a speaking platform
4. Connect with a mission because I want to have a missional focus to my writing career
5. Focus blog content to enhance brand (see #1)
6. Add more social networking (Twitter, maybe ShoutLife)
7. Learn how to embed FB and Twitter on my blog home page
8. Read and fill out test on Strength Finder 2.0
9. Create a press kit
10. Have professional photos taken (blech)
11. Download a free pdf. converter so I can attach pdfs on my "website"
12. Do online classes (see #3)
13. Buy a copy of The Frugal Book Promoter by Carolyn Howard-Johnson, read, and incorporate principles
14. Business cards to promote my blog as well as Inkwell Inspirations
I'm sure I'll think of more things to add that I need to do. Little bites at a time.
Now I'm off to work!